Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#87571 - 15/04/2002 03:04 "Info: Track" view is a shade dim
CurlyKicker

Loc: Orange County, CA
In home and in car the "Info: Track" view is a shade dimmer than the other views. That includes all words and numbers shown. I don't think v1.03 had this problem.

#87572 - 15/04/2002 09:01 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: CurlyKicker]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've never seen this problem you're reporting. The pixels are, in all of the screens I've seen and in every version of the software I've used, the same four values. The brightness doesn't change depending on the info mode.

Is it just that there's fewer "lit" pixels in that mode, so the overall amount of light emitted is less? You know, like the difference in overall brightness between watching the movie and watching its credits?

If you are sure that the actual display brightness is really changing, check here.

#87573 - 15/04/2002 14:42 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: tfabris]
CurlyKicker

Although it doesn't seem to involve the dimmer setting because the same thing happens out of the car, I'll mess with it a little bit and see what I can come up with.

Edit: 10min later I've realized that each info mode is slightly brighter or dimmer than the other modes, although it is very hard to notice. The biggest disparity is going from "Info: Track" to "Info: Seek Tool". "Info: Track" is the dimmest of the bunch and "Info: Seek Tool" is the brightest. And I'm talking about the whole screen, and it is not flickering. Also, every time I page through the different modes they are at the same brightness as there were before. The brightness does not vary. This taking place in home.

Edited by CurlyKicker (15/04/2002 14:43)

#87574 - 15/04/2002 16:36 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: CurlyKicker]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The more pixels that are lit on the screen, the dimmer it is (marginally). This is just load on the 60v PSU I believe. The dimmer value is not being changed between info modes.

Hugo

#87575 - 15/04/2002 16:46 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: CurlyKicker]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Damn you've got good eyesight.... I'm slowly going blind from having two CRT computer monitors, one LCD notebook and two 15" broadcast NTSC monitors all less than 24" from my face. The flouresent lights don't help either.

#87576 - 15/04/2002 16:53 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: altman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The more pixels that are lit on the screen, the dimmer it is (marginally). This is just load on the 60v PSU I believe.

I just don't see this happening at all on my player. When I go back and forth between Info:Track and Info:Off with a full-screen Image Pan visual, the brightness of the pixels on the top indicator bar don't seem to change at all.

And now that I think about it, he's stating the opposite thing. That it's dimmer when there are FEWER pixels on the screen...

#87577 - 15/04/2002 17:08 Re: "Info: Track" view is a shade dim [Re: tfabris]
CurlyKicker

That's right Tony. Even with a heavily Pixelated (sp?) screen the brightness doesn't change. In other words, when I select different visuals, the scolling info line in "Info: Line" or "info: Transient" does not vary in brightness. If I select Tux Much or no visual, the brightness of the words and numbers stays the same.

Also, interestingly enough, "Track Details" is brighter than "Info: Track".